Sous Chef – Hotel – £30,000 salary plus overtime paid
About the Role
The Sous Chef will manage the production and service from the kitchens and regularly evaluate food standards within the 2 Hotels. 3 Restaurants and a large Conference Suite on site, so with over 850 sleepers per night both breakfast and dinner are busy!
Keeping check of the usual stock rotation and temperature controls, health and safety and food safety are always our number 1 priority, as only the highest standard of food leaves our kitchen. You’ll be used to working in a very fast paced, and be able to deputise for the Head Chef in their absence, taking day to day responsibility for the operation of the Kitchens and the team within your control.
- A solid food background showing progression into a similar role.
- Ideally from a large Hotel and conference or large branded Restaurant/Pub chain.
- A hardworking and flexible leader, who encourages new ideas from your team, keen to coach and develop them within Merlin.
- Exceptional communications skills, able to work alongside senior managers within the hotel to ensure our guests receive the 4 star wild adventure they were expecting.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Sous Chef Perks
- Merlin Magic pass Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- 40% discount online off of Lego