- Events Manager & Trainer
- Sutton – with regular site work across central London
- Up to £30k plus excellent benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Events Operations Manager & Trainer for a unique organisation who handle a wide range of corporate outside catering events at high profile venues across the capital. The outside events are staffed by former offenders, and the organisation supports them on their release and assists them in finding employment within the catering and hospitality industry.
As Event Operations Manager & Trainer, you will take primary responsibility for the operations of all the events, ensuring the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction are achieved, in line with the organisation fine dining philosophy and values in the rehabilitation of prisoners. You will be an enthusiastic, outgoing and entrepreneurial Events Operations Manager who enjoys training and developing others, who can hit the ground running and be involved in all areas of events. Close collaboration with the Head Office Team, General Manager and Head Chef is essential for success of this role. You will balance your responsibilities for Events with the training and development of Prisoner Learners, supporting them to achieve their learning objectives and obtain their City & Guilds qualifications.
As the successful candidate, you will be incredibly passionate about food and show a great sense of style when it comes to the design, implementation and management of bespoke events. You understand what it takes to deliver an amazing customer journey, have a fastidious attention to detail, and a sound understanding of commercial event catering finance. Finally, you are an excellent communicator with all genres of clients, with strong written and creative skill. The ability to use your judgement, initiative and to multi-task several tasks at once is essential to the success of this position.
The role will be based in South West London and you will work closely with The Centrepoint charity and prisoner learners to deliver bespoke events to five star standard dining levels in various central London locations.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining and building relationships with key accounts, venues and suppliers.
- Attend tastings, venue meetings and site visits.
- Full operational event planning, including booking and training staff and organising equipment.
- Liaise with the kitchen team throughout the planning process
- Be familiar and follow all the venue regulations and ensure the team is fully briefed.
- Oversee the operational running of events, and be flexible in assisting colleagues with larger events.
- Produce all admin including operational H&S risk assessments, staff timesheets, invoices, P&L analysis and ensure they are filed correctly.
- Represent the company at industry events
- Have strong communication skill and ensure communication is maintained through all departments.
- Manage training sessions internally and externally for Centrepoint and Clink trainees
This role offers:
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals on duty and uniform provided
- Development and support to achieve your TAQA (assessing qualification)
- Childcare Vouchers
This is a very rare and bespoke opportunity for a committed hospitality & events professional to join the management team at this award winning organisation who look to make a real difference in the lives of others.